Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! Enjoy looking around, and please say Hi!

Monday, November 22, 2010

12 Crafts of Christmas part 7 - Christmas Countdown Blocks

Christmas is getting close!  How many days do we have left???  I don't know, let me go count it up on the calender.  No, wait. . . Let me check my new Days til Christmas countdown blocks!

{Ok, there is not 10 days left, but you get the idea.}
I love being reminded that Christmas is getting closer, don't you?!
Wanna make one? 

What you'll need;
two square blocks - you can get these from the craft store.
a piece of wood for the base - I used a 2x4 cut a little longer than the two blocks put together
paint
Christmas paper (scrapbook or wrapping paper would work)
numbers to put on the blocks I used stickers but vinyl would work too.
"Days 'til Christmas" printout for the base or vinyl or marker
glue or mod podge
First step, paint all the wooden pieces.
next cut your paper the size of your blocks, or maybe slightly smaller.  You'll need to cover all six sides.
Glue or mod podge them on and let them dry.
For my base I just printed out "Days 'til Christmas" on regular computer paper and mod podged it right on the base.  But you could use vinyl or even a marker and just write it on.

Now its time to stick on the numbers.  On the first block you are going to put numbers 0,1,2,3,4,5 and on the second block you are going to put 0,1,2,6,7,8 (note: your 6 will also double as your 9 so make sure it looks like a 9 when turned upside down!)
Now its time to display them. . . almost.  Your new blocks will count down from 32 days til Christmas all the way down to 0!
What a perfect way to keep track of how many days left, without all the mess and bulk of other methods like the good ol' paper chains!

Happy Christmas Crafting!


3 comments:

Tina said...

So cute. I can't wait to make this. I've always wanted one and now I know how to make it myself. Thank you!

Tina @ The Country Heart

Amy @ Chicy-Creations said...

Love it! I've seen these and wanted to make them, but silly me didn't know how to do all the numbers, now I do! Thanks!

Booking Sevilla said...

Greatt read thank you

Related Posts with Thumbnails