Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! Enjoy looking around, and please say Hi!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

12 Crafts of Christmas part 6 - Christmas Decor - 2 Christmas Wreaths

We all love a craft that doesn't cost too much {especially around the holidays}!
I've got two fun Christmas-y wreaths that are both super easy and super inexpensive! 

This festive ornament wreath,
 and this super fun card holding wreath!

First for our pretty and shiny ornament wreath here is what you need:
A pre-made wreath, or some garland made into a wreath
Ornaments in a few different sizes
Hot glue gun
Sparkly J-O-Y
First things first, the sparkly J-O-Y letters I made myself.  I just used wooden letters from the craft store, some glue and glitter - easy peasy!
So I glued the letters on to the wreath first where I wanted them, then I just started placing the ornaments where I wanted them.  I took off the top metal piece and glued the top of the ornament onto the wreath so it doesn't show.  
Seriously easy!  It took me a half hour and cost me $4.50!
Oooh Yeah!

Now onto the card holding wreath.  
Only three ingredients needed:
A wooden embroidery hoop
mini wooden paperclips
woodglue

And this project really is as easy as gluing the paperclips onto the embroidery hoop!
Make sure you alternate where the paperclip opens as shown in the picture below.
Every other one opens to the inside and every other one opens to the outside.
 Let your glue dry for a while so your paperclips don't pop off and there you have your fun card holding wreath!
I like this one cuz its different from what you normally see in the way of Christmas card displays. 
Again this one only cost me a couple bucks as well.
My kind of projects. . . cheap and done in a snap!

Happy Christmas Crafting from me to you!



2 comments:

Emily said...

How did I not know about this crafty blog of yours?!? It's great. Now I want to make all sorts of cute stuff.

Amy @ Chicy-Creations said...

Love the ornament wreath! PS, left a blog award for you on my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails