Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! Enjoy looking around, and please say Hi!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

12 Crafts of Christmas part 12 - Gift Idea - Lemon Sugar Scrub!!

Well, today is Christmas craft #12!
I hope you've found some things that have interested you.
Today's craft is one of my favorites!
Lemon Sugar Scrub!

Things you'll  need:
Cute little jars or whatever you want to store your scrub in
Printed tags
Ribbon
Granulated sugar
Oil (which ever kind you prefer)
Lemon Juice
Lemon rind grated
Vitamin E oil

First step is to start mixing together your ingredients.
{Now these measurements are approximate cuz I added an extra sprinkling of this and that along the way - also these measurements fill approximately 3-4 small jars}
3 C sugar
1 C oil
1/4 C lemon juice
rind of 2+ lemons 
1-2 t. vitamin e oil

 Mix it all together and add more oil or sugar depending on how thick you like it.

I got a whole bunch of little jars from the craft store for that work perfectly for the sugar scrub!
 Now fill up your jars then tie on your cute little tags.
If you like my tags, feel free to borrow them!
 Now you're done!  
If you have some tiny spoons they take the cuteness up a few notches, but if not, no worries.
I think everyone would love some yummy smelling sugar scrub!
And when I was done making this, my hands were so soft!  I am, of course, going to keep some of this for myself! :)

Well, thanks for stopping by and having a look!
Happy Christmas Crafting!




15 comments:

Kelly~ Wave of Life Surf Studio said...

That scrub looks awesome!!!

Hi there- I found you through the friday blog hop and am your newest follower :) It would be great if you stopped by and returned the love!

http://www.waveoflifesurfstudio.blogspot.com/

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Mmmm, I love the smell of lemon. Do you think olive oil is good with this, or did you use something else?

JenMarie said...

Hi there! I just stumbled upon your blog and I love it and love this idea! When you say oil you mean...like cooking oil? Lol. Is that a dumb question?! And do you think this would work as well with say...an orange? Thanks!

JenMarie said...

Oh, and one more thing...where can I find Vit. E oil??????

Thank you!

Ready Set Create said...

I guess i should have been more specific. . . oops! Any kind of oil will work. . . veg. oil, olive oil {as long as the scent isn't too strong} pretty much anything. And the vitamin e oil can be found at a vitamin store or the grocery store in the vitamin section. Hope this helps!!

Dee in N.H. said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I've been exploring your blog and I am just blown away! You just have an incredible talent. I will be your new follower!:)
I didn't comment on each individual post but let's just say I'm not done exploring either!

JenMarie said...

Great!! Thank you so much. This is going to make a wonderful gift!!

Jill said...

Mmmm...looks great!

Pajama Mama said...

This looks so scrumptuous...good enough to eat!! Thanks for sharing!

Suzy Myers said...

What an awesome idea! I would be thrilled if you stopped by my Commercial Break Thursday at http://suzysartsycraftsysitcom.blogspot.com/ and linked this project!


suzy

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Sounds good, looks pretty. Might have to make some!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this idea. I hope to make some tonight for family tomorrow...I think I have all of the ingredients. Happy Holidays from Kansas City, Mo.

Unknown said...

I am do happy to follow you.

My baby Meyer Lemon tree has a great supply for this and I'm going to michaels right now for some jars.

I'm going to use coconut oil Instead if vitamin E only because I don't have any and have been dying to try the coconut! I'll let you know!

Thank you!

Angell said...

I featured this today on my Christmas in July blog celebration

http://passionateandcreativehomemaking.blogspot.com/2012/07/day-21-christmas-in-july.html

I have a featured button if you'd like

Unknown said...

This looks great, I'm excited to try to make some up!! Thanks for sharing!
Visiting from www.thelifeofacraftcrazedmom.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails