Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! Enjoy looking around, and please say Hi!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fabric Flowers For Spring!!

I really wish it was Spring. . . We've gotten a taste of it here and there with a warm day or two, but tho snow always comes back. So, If the earth isn't ready for flowers yet. . . I'll make my own. Yay!! I saw a really cute flower at Blue Cricket Design where she made a cute flower pin. I used her tutorial and they are so great!

I started with a simple flower design. I Googled it and found this one I liked here. I printed it and reduced and enlarged it to get the sizes I wanted. Then I cut four flowers out of each of the two biggest sizes and one of the smallest.
I folded all but the smallest flower into quarters, and hand stitched them to a piece of felt. I loved the idea of folding them into quarters. . . it gives the flowers so much more dimension.

The last little flower went on top with a cute button to finish it off. I love it! And I'm totally in love with this black and white fabric right now too!I made a few of these flowers and even attached one to a headband. . . Too Cute!!

So while you wait for Spring to bring you some flowers from your garden, why don't you make a few of your own?!



21 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really lovely, glad I found you!

Kelsey said...

cute flowers! I love the fabric you used! :)

Holly Lefevre said...

Really cute flowers. I am loving fabric flowers. Your turned out great. Stopping by from Lucky Star Lane! Come visit and see my contribution to the party!

Holly
504 Main

Brooke said...

I'm also loving fabric flowers. Yours turned out so cute! Love it on the headband too. I found your blog through Today's Creative Blog link party. :) Have a great day!
www.brookie-wookie.blogspot.com

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

Super cute! Gotta love a great headband.

Sonia said...

Lovely flower...Love the extra dimension added by layers.

avisiontoremember said...

Super cute! I host a link party called check me out saturdays. I hope you can join us
www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

HB, The Impulsive Minimalist said...

This is adorable! Thank you so much for linking...I'm gonna go poke around your blog :)

Thanks again!

-Heather @ Lucky Star Lane

* The Design Confidential said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! love fabric flowers! following you now, glad to have found ya!

Julianna said...

I love fabric flowers. These look great! I can't wait to try these!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

WOW! Grat job! I love the flower! : )

Jess said...

That is super cute! Come stop by my Favorite Things Friday party if you would like to join in!

Andrea said...

I love the color combos!

Gay Vaughan said...

Thank you so much for linking up to It's a Hodgepodge Friday! I love what you have been up to. Thanks again!
~Gay~
itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

KimMalk said...

Cute, I like the black/white/yellow combo.

Lori said...

Another great idea!

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft On Thursday at Life As Lori... Please join me next week for another great party!

the mama monster said...

really cute! i love making fabric flowers too.

Laura said...

So cute. I have been making lots of fabric flowers lately.

I'm visiting from Favorite Things Friday.

Courtney said...

Hello Fellow RedHead! These are SO cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great weekend,

Courtney @ Red Heads Craft More Fun

Rachelle said...

Oooh love it on the headband! Great job!

Rachelle

Zafran ali said...

love fabric flowers. These look great! I can't wait to try these!thank,s for informative post.Send Gifts to Pakistan

Related Posts with Thumbnails