Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! Enjoy looking around, and please say Hi!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Bill Holder Makeover!

We have this bill holder that we love! We have it hanging in our kitchen and it helps us so much when it comes to staying organized. It is a hand-me-down from my wonderful mom, so needless to say, It has been well loved.

I'm about to turn it into, This. . .
Here is the original . . .
Well loved and ready for a makeover!

A good sanding, a couple coats of paint, and some paper fitting and cutting later. . .

The final product!
I used the Mod Podge to glue and seal the paper onto the front of it. It only took a few coats.

I L-O-V-E the way it turned out! Ant this fits my style and decor more than the fruit did. And this cost me nothing. . . I already had the supplies. Now that's my kind of project!



11 comments:

Connie said...

Much better, although it wasn't horrible to begin with. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Adorable colors, to die for polka dots, and a great functional piece - just about perfect I would say!

LuckyStarErin said...

That is way too cute! I wish I had the eye to think of those kinds of things. Thanks for linking up!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Love it! Cute paper... quite the update! Thanks for sharing it at the Power of Paint Party!

Rachelle said...

Very cute, girl! I'm going to feature this tonight.. thanks for sharing.. :)

Trisha said...

It's amazing what a little paint and imagination will do-love it!

Sue said...

Paint and scrapbook papers can make for great makeovers, as this project exhibits! I wish I could stay organized enough to use something like this. LOL My desk is a jumble! hmmm.... did I pay my light bill this month?!
Visiting from Suzanne's.
:-) Sue

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Really cute! It wasn't hideous before, but this just looks...well, younger! Fresher.

CUTER!

Thanks for linking up!

Tania Pelletier said...

Oh it's so cute now, I love it! I've seen old ugly ones before and now I'm inspired to give one a makeover for my soon-to-be new office space!

Tania

Amber said...

Hopping over from Meridian Road. What a cute makeover! Nothing beats Mod Podge and scrapbook paper! :)

Tina @ www.commoncentshome.blogspot.com said...

so cute and such a savings. I was looking for a bill holder for the wall a while back... they are not cheap. Great makeover!

Related Posts with Thumbnails