Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! Enjoy looking around, and please say Hi!

Monday, September 13, 2010

More Canvas Art!

Here is another of my latest projects. 
Not bad huh?  Simple yet makes a dramatic statement.
This is much like my subway art, in that it would be quicker with a Cricut, but here is the cricut free way to do it, as I have yet to invest in one.  :)

Not too hard, Just a bit time consuming.
Here is what you'll need - 
Contact paper
Stencil or a printout of the design you want to use
Sharpie
Scissors

Now, I didn't have a stencil so i just printed off some designs that I liked.
First cut them out, and then trace them onto the contact paper.

Next cut out shapes you traced on the contact paper.  
Peal and stick to your canvases.

Paint your canvases, let dry and then peal those bad boys right off!

Here is the final product.
I'm pretty happy with it.  Its bold and black and white, you all know that's the phase I'm apparently going through. 

Well, thanks for stopping by and having a look. . . Happy Creating!


9 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Ooh, I love it! I might just have to try something like this for my daughter's room!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Excellent! I love it.

D and C said...

You are SO talented. I LOVE IT. I think I am going to try that!!!!
Love ya.

Brittany said...

LOVE IT! this is fabulous!

memakingdo said...

I love how these turned out! What a great idea! Thanks for linking up!

Jenn @ Seeds on a Breeze said...

I love all of your canvas art. Would you consider linking this up to my Art Therapy linky party?

Marsee Family said...

I love this idea and am attempting to make one of my own. I am having trouble with the contact paper. How do you make it stick to the canvas? Mine just slides around. Pointers!?!

Your photo on canvas said...

I really like it, What a unique style you have,your work is oustanding!!! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful blog,Keep Blogging...!!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get contact paper? Is it tracing paper or like self adhesive paper?

Related Posts with Thumbnails