Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! Enjoy looking around, and please say Hi!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

HELP my smart, savy fellow bloggers!

Ok, so as I was trying to upload pictures to post about Christmas and all that jazz, I got some lame message saying. . .
"Whoops! You're out of space. You are using 100% of your 1 GB quota for photos. Purchase more storage
Photos are stored in your Picasa Web Albums account and are included in your 1 GB free quota for photos. Additional storage you purchase is shared between Gmail, Picasa Web Albums, and Google Docs, and is in addition to your free quota."
 
Has anyone run into this????
Is there anyway around this or do I have to pay?

Its only $5 a year, but seriously blogger. . . It really irks me.  Here all this time you say Free and then Whoops!  Not free anymore!

Anyone have any suggestions???
 
More fun, posts to come soon. . . hopefully.


3 comments:

Meg said...

Picasa is actually not part of blogger... well I guess it is but it is a separate evil all together. and it is totally worth the 5 bucks! I pay it :D There is no way around it and it is a lot cheaper than photobucket. Because with photobucket you pay for the amount of web usage so more views mean more money where as picasa you just pay for storage not the actual views etc...

Actually this is probably going to change your life but do you use the picasa desktop program to upload your photos to the blog before you post? it even has edit features... and you can batch upload instead of 1 by 1... Uh-mazing!

Good luck! And spent that 5 bucks!

Amy said...

I am not a blogger and don't really know how uploading your photos to a blog...but am wondering, can you use Shutterfly instead? They have free, unlimited storage. I love their site! Best wishes :)

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Yeah, I ran into that not too long ago. I just paid the 5 bucks, but someone told me that if you have the feature on your blog that lets people click on your pictures so they can get a close up view, then your photos are actually stored twice. If you change that setting, you'll be able to store more photos.
(I was actually kind of offended AND irked.:0D)

Related Posts with Thumbnails