Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! Enjoy looking around, and please say Hi!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Grass is Always Greener When its Fake

I needed a new decor item for my sad empty shelf in our bedroom.
Something Spring-y/Summer-y,
something cheap,
something easy.

Here is what I came up with.
Totally cute right?!

Here's what I did.
I started out with two bundles of fake grass, one square glass candle holder and some small polished rocks. (All from the dollar store by-the-way.) And my ever trusty glue gun.
I unwrapped the bundles of grass and inside it was made up of tiny bundles.

A dab of glue on the bottom of each tiny bundle of grass is all you need to stick it firmly onto the bottom of the candle holder.
Start in the middle and make your way toward the edges. Continue gluing until you have as much grass you you want. Be sure to leave a space around the edge. Not too much, just enough to stick a few pebbles in at the end.
A few smooth stones around the edges covers up the not-so-pretty bottom.
Look at that! Totally fab for only four bucks!
Perfect to add a little green to any area!
My Hubby even liked it so much he said I should make more to put in other areas.
Always a success when even he likes it!





17 comments:

Karen said...

very nice! :) i need to hit up the dollar store again soon....

and i guess my main concern about this would be my cats trying to eat it. maybe if i put it up high that wouldn't be an issue! :)

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

I like this. I like this alot! And guess what, I'm going to the Dollar Store today. It's serendipity!

Mariesa M. said...

That is a super cute idea. I'm always on the lookout for cute AND cheap. I'm definetly going to do this one! Thanks!

Kenzie said...

So cute! I love the Dollar Store!

Marlene said...

This is so neat!! I love crafty stuff! :)

I'm following from "new friend follow".

Laura said...

This turned out super cute!

I am hosting "Saturday is Crafty Day" tomorrow and I'd love if you stopped by!

Traci66 said...

Hello. Happy New Friend Friday. I decided to follow your blog. I hope you will come see me. I am #38 on Mr. Linky or http://traci66.blogspot.com

extreme personal measures said...

Following from The Creative Girl's New Friend Friday.

Stop by and enter a giveaway for a Rachael Ray Bakeware set:
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/2010/04/do-you-know-about-family-of-csn-stores.html

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

I love fake plants!! I alway end up killing the real ones! :) These are really pretty too! very springy!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Very springy! I need to make another trip to the dollar store!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day!

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..I’m Barb from New Friend Fri. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. We also are having a mother’s day giveaway til Wed. hope you can join in. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

Laurie in SC said...

Hi there! This is Laurie from Scene of the Grime and I'm now following you, what a great blog you have! I know you asked me a couple weeks back about how to organize and size blog party buttons like I have in my sidebar. I wanted to let you know I just posted about that very thing today! Here's the link and I hope it helps and doesn't confuse you too much:
http://sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-to-organizing-blog-party-buttons.html
Hope you have a great week!

Unknown said...

Hi! I am your newest follower from MM! Glad to have found your blog. Enjoy your week and feel free to stop by anytime at www.miamamiah.com or www.justjewelrybyjessica.com

Kaysi said...

What nice, easy and simple craft! I love it

Veronica said...

Your project has been featured at Veronicas Korner. Please stop by and grab your Featured Button.

Unknown said...

very cute

thanks for linking up!

Unknown said...

very cute

thanks for linking up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails