Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! Enjoy looking around, and please say Hi!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Craft Room Organization

How do you organize your crafying supplies?
I recently made some cute and so functional boxes to keep all my junk supplies in.

Here is a before look at my craft room.
I keep my supplies in the dresser and as you can see stuff is spilling out all over the room.
Its not fun to dig through piles of stuff when I need something.

I got this idea here from Make it and Love it. She made boxes just the size she needed by cutting up old boxes and hot gluing them together. Such a smart lady!

So I figured out how big I wanted my boxes to be. 10x10x10 Easy
Then I cut 5 10 inch squares for each box.
Next comes the glue. I used quite a bit cuz I wanted to make sure they were sturdy.
Beware: this is a messy project. (But the end result is worth it)
Once the glue dries I spray painted the sides black.
For the front I mod podged some paper to the front. I think fabric would've probably looked better, but whatever.

Look at my craft room now! SO much better right?!
I gotta say, my Hubby thought I was crazy, making boxes out of boxes. I don't blame him. But look at this finished project!
Ah, to be able to see the floor again!



4 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

The boxes look GREAT! and the hot glue is strong enough? I think your idea is just the best, and the paper just makes it all look so together!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

That looks so good! I don't think it would matter if it were fabric or not~because they looks awesome as they are.

Kelsey said...

OOh they look fantastic! I keep telling myself I'm going to do this... lol. They look so good.

Anonymous said...

very neat idea. thats about how my craft/office looks all the time.

come link up on friday @ 6 inches of Ribbon's link party!

www.ashleyrussell726.blogspot.com
-ashley =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails