Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! Enjoy looking around, and please say Hi!

Monday, May 16, 2011

From Photo Album to Fab Recipe Book!!

Does anyone else have piles of recipes, recipes sticking out of every recipe book, recipes crammed in kitchen drawers???
Well, I don't anymore!

I made a recipe book from . . . a photo album!
Brilliant, and absolutely perfect!
Plenty of room for all my recipes, i can add and remove recipes whenever I like, and since they are in the little plastic sleeves they stay clean, even when spill and drip everywhere!
It is super easy and customizable.  
*Fabulous!* 

So here is what I used;
photo album
dividers
hole punch
recipe cards/printouts

The bulk of the work was already done for me because I started with a photo album.
Here is what the finished project looks like.
First step, cut the dividers the same size as the photo album pages.  Make sure to keep the side with the tabs on it.
Cut as many as you need and hole punch in the appropriate places.
 Add your category titles in your tabs.
Its perfect because you can add whatever categories you use most.
 
 All thats left is to insert all your favorite recipes.
The photo album is great because the photo openings are just the right size for your recipe cards.
I had all my recipes typed up on the computer and just printed them out in 4x6 format and voila!
They fit like a charm!



 Ahhh, look at those super organized recipes!
 All that was left was to add a little title to the front of my new recipe book.

Go ahead, Make one!


4 comments:

Emily said...

I just blogged this a couple weeks ago. Great minds think alike! though i must say yours looks better than mine. the tab divider is a great idea. thanks!

Anonymous said...

oooh! Great idea! I really need to get organized! Thanks for sharing, Love your blog!
Claire

Unknown said...

Such ambition! LOL! I need to do this too, I'm just putting it off. I had an aunt who wrote her recipes on poster paper, bought a poster display unit (like they have at the stores) and hung it in her kitchen. I thought it was awesome!! :o)
~Terry

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! I would LOVE if you would kindly link up this awesome idea to my very FIRST Delicately Constructed Fridays; a crafty linky party that starts tomorrow!
Please :)
Have a great day!!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails